Be still.

Exodus 14:14 “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

So, I’m doing my best… Bedrest day 1. My clinic required two days back when we transferred baby J, but now they say just one. Since the transfer in March with one day of bedrest did not work, I’m going back to two days (nobody told me to, I just decided it was best to go with what worked before).

Baby J is at daycare and hubby is at work.

By the way, look at the size of that embryo! The others we transferred were never coming out of their shell like this one. The dense part near the bottom center is the baby and the rest will turn into placenta. The transfer was smooth. No need to give time for the bladder to fill and no need to empty any off the top. In the past, I’ve needed just a little more time or was overfull. Guess that repetition has helped me.

Trying to find funny stuff to watch over the next two weeks. If you have any recommendations, please let me know! I’ll watch “Sisters” for sure. Anything else?

Jimmy Fallon is my “go-to” right now. Here’s one for you all:

Jimmy is hilarious, but Sting… well, he’s Sting… sooo good. And yes, all I’m doing in bed right now is eating.

In less than 24 hours…

…we will get to meet our third frozen embryo. We are cleared for takeoff with our FET scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm. I can hardly believe it!

We are so grateful for all your prayers. Only God could give us the endurance for this and the strength to believe this can work.

The endometrial lining was between 6 and 7mm with a triple-layer. The scars in the basalis layer of my uterus are still there, but “the embryo doesn’t know they are” said our doc today. Ha! Funny stuff he says.

If you want to reach me, I will be doing … well, basically nothing except focusing on positive energy, prayers (for so many people also needing prayers right now), and doing my best not to annoy my loved ones who will be waiting on me for the next 2, or 3, or 6 days. :)

Please stick around and meet us in about eight and half months, little frosty em-baby!

The day after Day 10.

So, at the day 5 ultrasound and blood draw, my lining was at 6mm and estrogen was on the low side. The lining needs to be at 8mm before transfer. The decision was made to increase one medication in hopes that everything would shape up by day 10, which was yesterday.

Yesterday, baby J and I loaded into the car at 6:15am to get him off to daycare and me to the clinic for my 7:30am appointment before my 7:45am meeting at work. The ultrasound showed fluid in the uterus and an inconsistent lining (some places at 8 while others were 6). It also showed remaining damage (deep in the muscle) from the original surgeries that completely closed my uterus and caused the Asherman’s Syndrome. Doc doesn’t know why there is fluid accumulating, but told us that uterine scars (usually from c-sections) sometimes weep. All of this was explained today when our doc examined me again to see everything in real time.

FET is cancelled.

Doc has a new plan for medication and hopes to do a mock cycle next month as I don’t have the time to take off work for a FET. He will then get to see how my body reacts to the new plan for meds and how long it takes to get the lining where it needs to be for the best chance of a successful FET. Stay tuned because you won’t believe what meds I get to take next time around.

My doc is working hard to fix another doc’s mistake.

Disappointed. Frustrated. Tired of crying. Enjoying my glass of wine and looking forward to some coffee and chocolate tomorrow. Maybe a mixed drink, too.

7 weeks 1 day


“There’s something there.” I actually said this today. I held my breath during the ultrasound and it wasn’t until she said we were measuring right on track and heard/saw the heartbeat (141) that I finally admitted, there is actually something there!

Embryo Testing

Today, I received the paperwork with our PGD Chromosome Aneuploidy Screening. Our four embryos tested on day 5, B quality blastocysts (this was reported from our embryologist at our clinic), all had 46 chromosomes. They are listed in a “confidence” level, meaning “*the confidence for a chromosome call is an estimate of the probability that the call is correct.” Each chromosome has a percentage to show the confidence of each. Our embryos all rate 95% and above for every chromosome. I’m not quite sure what all this means just yet. We have an appointment with our doc on May 14 and we can ask more questions. There is a notation that says “*confidences < 85% for chromosomes where aneuploidy could result in a liveborn are flagged” which I guess means that above 85% should be considered a relatively trustworthy result. I’m so glad and feeling so extremely blessed that these results came out this way. I had no idea what to expect. Even though I am impatient beyond reason at this point, I am thankful that we had the guidance to move forward with this testing. It has given me a peace of mind that I would have otherwise been lacking. *These statements are taken directly from the results page from Natera.

The Verdict

The results are in…. all four embryos are genetically normal.


Biopsy & Freeze, Day 6

We have one more frozen embryo! Our fourth embryo turned into a great blastocyst today, so they added another to our three. We will have results from our biopsies in the next couple weeks. They will call us once they get emailed results from the testing center.

Here is the “play-by-play” from Trigger Day to Day 6:

Trigger Day: 32 follicles larger than 9mm

Egg Retrieval: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 are mature

Day 1: 13 fertilized

Day 3: 8 looked good, 1 didn’t cleave

Day 5: 3 good blasts, 3 early blasts, 1 compacted morula

Day 6: 1 good blast (plus 3 frozen blasts from day 5)

Biopsy & Freeze, Day 5

And then there were three. We have three biopsied and frozen embryos!

There are a few others that are a little behind, so we will get a report on them tomorrow. 

Even though I was hoping for a bigger number, I am thrilled that we had some make it to biopsy and freeze! Now, we pray for good results from the biopsies. We won’t know for a few weeks, but we can rest easy knowing that we have given our all to get to this point. Our three frozen embryos can rest well until May when we get to visit again.